MKSSS: SATARA CAMPUS
Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha, Pune established its branch in Satara for the school education in the year 1922. As per the need of the society the units have expanded and at present 9 different units have developed providing education from pre-primary level to higher professional education.
1) To achieve excellence.
2) To enhance and promote all round development of students
3) To foster technical knowledge through education.
|Units||Estb. Yr.||Phone No.||No. 0f Staff||Students|
Affiliated to S.N.D.T. University Mumbai
|College of Computer Applications (BCA)||2000||91-2162/232061||10
|College of Arts (B.A.)||2005|
|College of Commerce (B.Com.)||2004|
|Kanya Shala, Secondary,
|Janakibai Premsukh Zanwar Marathi School||1969||280084||14||420|
|Bal Manohar Mandir||1950||234985||09||216|
|Mahila Sadan Stitching Class||1935||234985||01||50|
|Type Writing Institute||1977||234985||02||205|
|Sahayak Paricharika Course||2004||234985||02||7|
The institute has spacious classrooms, seminar hall, computer labs and library. The peaceful atmosphere of the campus and wide range of activities complement the students’ academic life.
LIABRARY AND LABORATORY:
Student’s perception is enhanced with the library and laboratory facilitation. They are exposed to a vast source of knowledge with 5500 books with journals, magazines related to computer field. Institute owns a well furnished and well equipped laboratory with internet connection facility. Internet facility is made available to the students in college hours.
College organizes inter-college sports activities like Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Chess, Carrom, Athletics, Badminton, Suryanamaskar; to develop all round personality of students. Selected players are given a chance to participate in inter-college sport activity in S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai.
N.S.S. (NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME):
- Enhances team building, co-operation, leadership qualities among the students.
- Students undertake various activities like plantation of trees, health education, population education, blood donation camps, social services like work in hospital, child welfare.
- Every student works for 2 continuous years, putting in 120 hours of service each year and will participate in one special campaign programme.
- N.S.S. Certificate is awarded.
- 5 additional marks are given for 240 hours of work.
- Trips are arranged once in a year.
- Well known personalities with deep knowledge in the respective field are invited to deliver lectures on various subjects.
- Programmes for social responsibilities, personality development, career guidance, health awareness etc.
A class representative is selected for each class. They work as the mediator between the students and the teachers.